Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>I stuffed the perspex door a little so now I have an 5 mm gap at the top. Not the biggest problem, but it sits in the lounge and every time I am in there I stare at it. I will take pic of vents when done so people can see....if I am not too embarrassed.
As in you cut the door too short? Make the runners higher if that's the case.

no the gap between the two doors. The top has an 8mm Gap, bottom is snug. It is okay, I have dodgied it up, but we have now decided that a 3 tiers of separate enclosures are not going to work. We have inherited something close to a 2 metre coastal, and we have decided it is going to be 3 tiers of one enclosure. A bit of wriggle room for the boy. It will be a bit too large really thinking about it, so maybe we will make 2 enclosures over 4 tiers. Maybe I should have planned this better.......coming from an engineer it is a bit concerning :p

390af3670f3626df68d01d00debbb427.jpg

the craftmanship is aweful so please excuse. As you can the top bit has some wonky tape. I will be putting a lip over so there is no Gap visible. I just have to find a suitable material.

I used gutter screening. It was my first DIY enclosure too.
7fb30403d1deef1acfab04c626b080a2.jpg
0200fdb6d013e9cac9b1b7937a202125.jpg

bunnings.and i found after putting a couple in it was still not enough so i put a small desk fan in the tank under the vent blowing outside the tank n it worked a treat !

coles sell the stainless steel sink strainers in 3 packs for around 3 to 4 dollars work goo look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back