snake question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im interested in pythons :)

What kind of python?
Why don't you look at a python you are interested in and think about the husbandry needs of that python and start putting together an enclosure suited for that species?

What kind of python?
Why don't you look at a python you are interested in and think about the husbandry needs of that python and start putting together an enclosure suited for that species?

well i was thinking of getting a woma python but i was also looking at a diamond but i think they are best suited for outdoor setups. whats your opinion?

4ft enclosure is a little ambiguous.
It may be too shallow or narrow to house the species you are interested in.
Diamonds are more often kept indoors and can thrive given the correct conditions.

There is much to take into consideration not only the width of the enclosure.

4ft enclosure is a little ambiguous.
It may be too shallow or narrow to house the species you are interested in.
Diamonds are more often kept indoors and can thrive given the correct conditions.

There is much to take into consideration not only the width of the enclosure.

but i have read that a 4x2x2 tank is big enough for woma and a diamond ?

but i have read that a 4x2x2 tank is big enough for woma and a diamond ?

Your original post only stated 4ft. Paul was simply pointing out that we needed all measurements as not all 4ft tanks are 4x2x2 and a 4x1x1 wouldnt be appropriate.

Your original post only stated 4ft. Paul was simply pointing out that we needed all measurements as not all 4ft tanks are 4x2x2 and a 4x1x1 wouldnt be appropriate.

yeah i understand that sorry for the lack of info :)

It seems like you have answered you own question, you have a 4x2x2 enclosure and like both woma and diamond pythons and you have read that both of these would be suited to that sized enclosure. Are you really after opinions of which of these two you may like the best?

If thats 4 foot high, it will be ok for, a young Diamond, but you will be wanting a 4x3x2 at least for an adult.

It seems like you have answered you own question, you have a 4x2x2 enclosure and like both woma and diamond pythons and you have read that both of these would be suited to that sized enclosure. Are you really after opinions of which of these two you may like the best?

yeah i guess i have answered my own question i guess i was just after a second opinion. and yes now i have to decide which one will be best suited for me :)

do you plan to get a hatchling or an adult, keep in mind hatchlings only need small click clacks/enclosures, and a tank that large wouldn't be necessary until sub to adult size :D everyone's different, but i've just been gradually upsizing my snakes enclosures as they've need them. keeping them feeling safe and secure.

do you plan to get a hatchling or an adult, keep in mind hatchlings only need small click clacks/enclosures, and a tank that large wouldn't be necessary until sub to adult size :D everyone's different, but i've just been gradually upsizing my snakes enclosures as they've need them. keeping them feeling safe and secure.

yeah i was gonna get a hatching and i was gonna keep it in a small tub and keep upgrading like you are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back