pics of frilled necks and their enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey danny
I think the bulb is a uva it looks like a reptile one, boris (my frilly) he is spending pretty much all the time up right up on top of the tall log.
He is eating plenty of crickets.
Thanks Blake

Hey danny
I think the bulb is a uva it looks like a reptile one, boris (my frilly) he is spending pretty much all the time up right up on top of the tall log.
He is eating plenty of crickets.
Thanks Blake

Ok, woodies are far more nutritious & is good to mix up his diet... It's also very important to gutload your insects b4 feeding... A good gutload recipe is dry dog food, dragon pellets, fish flakes, oats & some reptile vitamin supplements all ground up together...

Frillies generally feel most comfortable up high which is why it's a good idea to have their source of UV & heat up high above their basking spot as they will climb up underneath to bask...

It's also good idea to keep them hydrated & give them a spray from a water bottle a couple of times a week (this will help with shedding also)... you can even try giving Borris a drink via water dropper or slow spray & will prob find he will start licking it up :)

Good luck mate

I have been giving him some reptile vitamin and also dragon pellets.

We have been putting Boris in the water and has been drinking it.

so do you think i shoud put a short stick for him underneath the basking light?

I have been giving him some reptile vitamin and also dragon pellets.

We have been putting Boris in the water and has been drinking it.

so do you think i shoud put a short stick for him underneath the basking light?

Absolutely... Recommended basking temp is around 38 degrees... So have a bit of a play & put some extra branches in there, be patient & see what Borris does... I've set up another enclosure that I plan on using for hatchies that's 45cm long x 45cm wide x 60cm high... I'll take a pic Tommorow & post it here..

For this enclosure I use a Phillips 75 watt to 100 watt flood light from bunnings for light & heat & for UV I use this compact globe http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_uvb200.php

ee7b5f5c3a62df747355cbc002c78cfd.jpg

069f41d22f970e24ff46d266ece4d985.jpg

d9aeca4894bf3d8107762c3095935182.jpg

hey danny
do you have any babies left? I was thinking of breeding some when they grow up.
thanks Blake

I Love your frillies,especially the one with the orange neck. What type are they?

I Love your frillies,especially the one with the orange neck. What type are they?

Thanks Blake... These are Northern Territory Frill Necks... The female is on the left & male is on the right... Both are about 3 years old... Fingers crossed I get a clutch or two in the next couple of months...

Sorry just to clarify she is the one with the red frill that you noted & the male has the yellowish frill...

I love dalby amd how do you tell the females apart from the males?

Very good Zoidberg... Great set up mate

Thanks mate, in the short time I've kept a frilly I've found them to be quite difficult to keep. I moved the enclosure from my room to the herp room and he changed completely, wouldn't eat or drink and just stared not moving. It snapped out of it finally. I wasn't aware that they can "saulk" when young aswell.

View attachment 313403
Great enclosures above this post. Frillies are my favourite reptile even beats my GTP. They are very interactive. I moved him into the family room and he watches us as we move around. Here is my new frilly enclosure. He has spent a fair bit of time exploring it. I think he likes it.

View attachment 313403
Great enclosures above this post. Frillies are my favourite reptile even beats my GTP. They are very interactive. I moved him into the family room and he watches us as we move around. Here is my new frilly enclosure. He has spent a fair bit of time exploring it. I think he likes it.
Your photo didn't work for me for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back