What container do you use for python eggs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris82

Reaction score
Hi guys I posted this same question almost two days ago but I haven't had any responses. So if you do have any feedback I'd really appreciate it. Thankyou

I'd like to know from you all what you use for egg containers? I'm expecting a clutch of jungles and yellow children's! Although I'm not new to reptiles I am new to breeding pythons.

Ive set up an old bar fridge with heat cord and a pulse thermostat for incubation with two small 60mm computer fans to help with air circulation. I'm intending on using a mix of perlite and vermiculite as substrate in the egg containers.

Any advice that works for you or you've tried and hasn't worked would help me make my decision.

SIMs container without substrate. speaking of substrate, how come you're going with a mix of vermiculite and perlite?

Any container small enough to fit in your incubator but large enough to fit the clutch of eggs and able to withstand humidity. So any plastic tub.a couple of dollars each at the local reject shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your responses.

Thyla, the reason for my decision for using a mix of both vermiculite and perlite is just from the research I've done! There're so many different ways of doing the same thing, I just need to find out what works best for me I guess

Hi have bred a few jags in Belfast would use just small plastic containers that you would store food and lichen items on only need to keep humity etc right but can be done as you go,

I had too many holes in one box used gaffer tape and blocked again all good. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back