Quick question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyjarman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I've bred my male bearded dragon with two different females and I'm noticing that I'm getting these little guys every now and again. Any opinions? Old photo They
u9epuzu3.jpg

e2uryru7.jpg
this is the dad (red phase)

Even the patterns are noticeably different to the rest of the clutch, almost like stripes down the back.

Mabey a morph? or a new phase? Any info on this subject would be much appreciated, because I don't won't to like miss a opportunity for something unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you would have to hold them all back and wait to see what they look like in a few months time before making any calls.
If you let any go your possibly releasing possible hets etc if it is a new morph. Cute critters btw.

Yeah well I actually sold the ones that have popped up in the past :\ and they are all usually Very different and seems to need more water than a normal hatchy. And thanks so much for the info, didn't think I was going to get a reply lol. Any more info will be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Any body else got some info. Could this hatchie be a possible het? Also is there a way to get this proven by like a vet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you contacted any buyers of your other hatchies to see how they look now? Can take months before they start to show what they are gonna look like ive found with mine, held back 2 from last season and ones now bright orange and one has a wash out look going on (not sure what exactly it is).

Rick

A vet wont be able to prove anything sorry. The only way will be to breed further and outcross etc and wait and see what they look like a few months down the track. Genetics take years to prove out in some cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back