Albino Darwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveang2010

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have an Albino Darwin coming soon...yay. But i would like some advice on enclosure sizes please. I was considering a 4FT X 2FT X 2FT with some climbing bits and pieces, but would like to know what size seems to be working well for those who care for them.

In addition, where in the house do you keep your collections. I like them in the lounge room, but my partner wants me to move them and i don't want them in the garage. I am considering renovating my office at home.:)

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Cage size will depend on the age of the snake. I have my two year old Darwins in 4ftx4ftx2ft cages to allow climbing (4ft high). These cages will do them through adulthood as they get larger. Prior to this I just had them in tubs until they outgrew them. I'm personally not a fan of snakes in the loungeroom but to each their own.

My yearling (4 ft) albino D is in a 3x2x2 ft enclosure and he loves to climb and explore, sits like a GTP on his perches sometimes. i find that he is 'happier' with the more natural objects and perches he has, eg logs and branches, so he has plenty of those. he prefers sleeping in his hollow log that is too small for a hide for him rather than his $40 rock hide....
Will be upgrading to a 4x2x2 soon as he grows but your cage size should depend on the age of the snake and how big it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back