feeding problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossco84

Reaction score
Hi All

Recently my diamond python "Slippery" has become active again after the cold season. She's showed all the right signs she is ready to eat again... Had a poop, much more active and healthy as. The problem is all the signs are right and she will take her Rat with no probs. After she has struck and constricted the rat she'll hold tight on the coils and then just as I think she's gonna start swallowing she'll let it go.. Here's where my headache begins. After the spit out trick she goes nuts around her enclosure trying to find her food again often nosing it but not opening her mouth for a grab. This same scenario has been played out 3 times now !!!! To help understand my problem I'll list everything I am doing.....
* Food size and brand have not changed
*Temps are right... ( 24 low and with 28 high ) at least that is what i think is right.
* Gets fed at the same time every feed day

So any help is much appreciated I'm starting to think age and eyesight might have something to do with it ( 8yrs old ) But I am still fairly new at this gig.... :oops::oops:

Cheers

Rossco :D

I feed my python in the evening. If it isn't taken at once I leave it in the enclosure overnight. The majority of the time it is gone by then.

Leave it for another week or three before offering again. It will eat when it's truly hungry. Age & eyesight will have nothing to do with it.

Jamie

If your Diamond has been cooled correctly, could be a month before it eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back