Anyone in Victoria keeping adult lace monitors outdoors?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boconnor

Reaction score
Hi,
My family is relocating from QLD to VIC in a couple of months and I'm looking at options for bringing my adult pair of lacies with me. Does anyone keep them outdoors around Melbourne and how do they go over the winter? We are likely to be located in the Ferntree Gully area initially.
cheers
Ben

Hi Ben,
You can keep them outdoor here in Melbourne, Victoria, do you know where they come from naturally are they from Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia.

If their not from Victoria you will need to provide them a enclosed area with heating during the cold winter months.

Hope this information has been helpfuii to you and good luck in moving your adult Lace Monitors.

cheers,

Leslie.

Hi. I've kept lacies outside in ferntree gully with no issues at all. Northern species will need a warmbox through the cooler times as said above, but not necessarily through the winter. I still ran outdoor heat lights which they utilised. An insulated box should keep em pretty happy all year round. Can easily be attatched to a section of the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back