"Hero staffy cross Molly dies saving young boys"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyNut

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone else seen this article? I found while having a scroll on Facebook. The media is now blaming snake catchers, claiming that people are seeing snake catchers releasing snakes in bushland right next to homes. It is this kind of BS that infuriates me and gets all the uneducated people thinking there is a snake swarm out to kill everything. This dog probably wasn't that loved because they did not won't to pay the $4000 vet bill (understand if you can't afford that but I doubt that 4 vials of AV would be needed)

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...f-the-gold-coast/story-fnj94idh-1227078571962

admin: please remove if link is not permitted.

Last edited:
and we have the standard post of kill the snake why are snakes allowed to live.

sad if was a cat attacking a child nothing would be posted outside of why the parents didn't stand over the child 24hrs a day to make sure the child isn't hurt

As a snake catcher myself education is the key ........ the media mostly exagerate things alot

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I bet that without that heroic dog, that huge snake would've bitten every child in reach, and then swallowed them whole before going after the parents and neighbours.

Sarcasm aside, I doubt the snake was actually going for the kids. Unless the kids were annoying it somehow, like throwing rocks I bet the snake would've paid them no attention and gone on its way.

Also saying the dog wasn't loved because they weren't prepared to pay for the antivenom, that's a bit harsh. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to spend that amount of money on a pet, in the hope it may survive.

If you read above I did say though it is understandable if they could not afford it. Your right about the kids though. I doubt the snake was going for them unless they were throwing stuff at it, even then it would probably just move back into the leaf litter. The dog probably sniffed out the snake and natrual instinct took over.

You're expecting mainstream media to report on something fairly, accurately and without sensationalizing anything.
Good luck with that.

^I know that's the main reason I'm annoyed, the media over exaggerates everything and gives snakes, and snake catchers a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back