Diamond python constantly bathing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willspyrou

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My diamond python will hang up on his stick for hours and then will also go and bathe for multiple times during the day and sit in there for a while
would this be an indication of the tank temperature being too high or do some diamond pythons just love bathing

Whats your temp?
Diamonds don't really need a heat source. Anything over about 27c is too much for them. I live in Melbourne and have a ten year old who hasn't had a heat source since it was a sub adult and its kicking on amazingly.

Whats your temp?
Diamonds don't really need a heat source. Anything over about 27c is too much for them. I live in Melbourne and have a ten year old who hasn't had a heat source since it was a sub adult and its kicking on amazingly.

Even during winter and at nights :|
is your tank inside a heated room though?

....some snakes just love water. If you have checked out all other possible causes it may just be that he thinks he is a Sea Snake. I have a Bredli that bathes himself regularly....summer and winter. Sometimes he will have several dips a day....doesn't soak....just a couple of coils around the water with his head under and back out again. For him it is normal behaviour.

Even during winter and at nights :|
is your tank inside a heated room though?

Even winter and at nights.
It is kept indoors, but in a room isn't heated and can drop to about 8c some winter nights.

Diamonds are very different to most other snakes in that they can put up with much lower temps. Their natural range of distribution sees them in locations that can reach -3c in the depths of winter and most adults get through quite fine.

You still didn't say what temp you are running at, like I said if it's over 27 it's probably way too hot for your snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back