Mixing frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robpiersen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a peron frog and a brown tree frog just wanted to know if these species are compatible in one tank or if they could turn aggressive any help or info would be great cheers :)

I recommend keeping different species of frog (and herps generally) seperately.
If different species are kept together, they need to be given plenty of room and cover to co-habit peacefully. They should also be of similar sizes and of course have no predator/prey relationship.

And also be from the same region too. You dont want to mox a desert frog with a rainforest one. If there individual care needs cant be met I wouldnt try.
I mention this at the top of the list as I had someone ask if she could keep a knobtail gecko with her frogs. She was serious. And just didn't want to buy another tank.

I had a large tank with both spotted marsh frogs and brown tree frogs (both temperate species), and I had both species breeding and flourishing for years.

From what I've read they are both from similar region I think one can live further south and they are both same size. Just wasn't sure if it was a good idea both are tree frogs just wondered if species would make a huge difference

I have heard of perons killing other frogs in a tank through toxicity, some frogs just arent compatible with one another.

I keep mags and gtf together perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back