diamond python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakegirlie

Reaction score
hi just wanting to know how people in QLD particularly the in the south east look after their diamond pythons and how they avoid DPS.

is cooling them through winter a must?

Last edited:
The same way you would care for any other snake. Keep the temps right, give them water, feed them and take them outside occasionally.

I keep and have kept several diamonds in outdoor aviaries for many years. Get them outside by the time they reach two years of age. The cooling, UV and temps are just right in SEQ if you position your cage correctly. I seriously doubt there would be many (if any) cases of DPS from diamonds kept in well positioned aviaries. A life outside also keeps most diamonds looking nice and yellow. I have seen many vividly yellow specimens become black and white due to a life indoors.

I keep and have kept several diamonds in outdoor aviaries for many years. Get them outside by the time they reach two years of age. The cooling, UV and temps are just right in SEQ if you position your cage correctly. I seriously doubt there would be many (if any) cases of DPS from diamonds kept in well positioned aviaries. A life outside also keeps most diamonds looking nice and yellow. I have seen many vividly yellow specimens become black and white due to a life indoors.

Nothing wrong with a B & W Diamond...

True, but if a change of environment can dramatically alter the coloration - what else is it doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back