Coastal carpet feeding..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ian.maccrimmon

Reaction score
Hi all, I am worried bout my snakey.
She hasnt eaten for 6months.
I havent done anything differnt, ive kept an eye on temp and humidity, she just wont eat.
My other baby, a centralian carpet, is thriving and will eat anything I give her.
I am feeding thawed and warmed rats, as I always have.
Any ideas people??

Will need some specifics before advice can be give such as species, sex, age, what it last fed on as well as temps and husbandry set up.

eat snakey eat

Sorry, I didnt mention, she's a 2 year old coastal carpet.
Always fed really well on medium rats.
She has a heat lamp at one end of enclosure, 30degrees under the bask spot, and about 25 in her hide which is a clay pipe.
I havdnt been closely watching humidity, but when I check its usually above 55% - 65%.
My Bredli is in a identical enclosure and is thriving

If that's the case the Bredli could use a bump in heat to mid 30s basking spot - Bredlis like it hot. Might not hurt to bump up the coastals heat a bit either. I've found from 2 years on a lot of my carpets have not fed over winter. It could just be starting up again after winter. A bump in temps will speed this process. Just keep persisting - if she once fed well chances are she will again. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back