Can I use this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcqssucks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to create a black headed monitor tank and my brother has stumbled on a 2300 x 1000 by approximately 400-600. This cabinet is full glass and comes with lighting up on top, wondering if it's possible to install adiquate ventilation and heating for a black headed monitor. Btw we are nicking this it's getting given away or trashed at a work sight

Is it open at the top or are you talking a glass cube?
My converted fish tank is almost all glass but has 3 melamine doors that make up the roof. I have bolted a CHE to one of the roof panels tha that provides good heating throughout and a hot spot of 32-34c.

Should be OK but glass does lose heat quickly (you can replace or cover some of the glass with a less conductive material, or insulate with polystyrene sheeting). Monitors like very hot basking sites - 55-60C, so as long as it doesn't lose too much heat through the top, it should be fine. They also like plenty of room, and this offers ample space.

Jamie

At that size will take a very large amount of power to adequately heat, as it will lose a ton of heat through the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back