Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night at about 430, my boyfriend and I woke up to one of our bredli's Louis joining us in bed after somehow managing to open the door of his enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had this happen 3 times to me, twice was my own personal fault. Came home from a night shift and opened the tank to check on my children's and must have gotten distracted and end result was when i went to bed 14 hours later I checked on them again and found the tank open. Had a panic attack but looked around the room which at the time had my computer in it etc. Found my male curled up around my computer, the female hadn't left the tank thank god.

Then another time, similar thing but I was going a late night feeding and just mustn't have shut my coastal x's tank. A whole day later found the door open and he was gone... again panic attack, but by this stage I had a hatchling rack and as I found my last escapee near heat I checked in the rack and there he was curled up on my baby darwin's tub.

Now the third time literally happened to me a week ago. Same children's as before, the male managed to open his tank the one day the lock wasn't on (can't remember why). I had been on night shift and came home to find it open and them both gone this time. My female has always been a picky eater so she is considerably smaller. After my iminent panic attack I looked around the room and saw two inches of tail sticking out of a double knotted plastic bag that was FULL of snake poo and substrate that i hadn't taken out yet. Had to cut it open but there he was looking at me. His mate, didn't find her for 4 days. And only did my accident. My thermostat alarm was going off and I came in to check and found my temps were too hot, so I removed all my hatchies out and adjusted temps only to have my partner come in an exclaim that I'd found her. I said no the temps were too hot and she repeated NO YOU FOUND HER! Turned around and there she was in the rack wrapped around the heat cord. Who knows where she went in the meantime, I turned my house upside down and was having a heart attack that one of my cats would get her. Lucky me and lucky snake.

I had my proserpine escape when she was little. She'd been moved into a 3ft tank after being in a click clack and she was small enough get slither through the gap between the glass doors. We had 2 indoor cats which could have found her and there are so many places a small snake could get into. A couple of hours later I found her hiding under the couch which was about 5 feet away from her enclosure. Poor little thing was very cold. I put weather strip in that gap after that and didn't have another escape from her.

The other one was when I had a 6ft Atherton jungle. He must have slid against the glass door and opened it, my brother woke me up at around 11pm because he'd found the snake out. He wrapped around the two small black tables his enclosure was sitting on and it took a while for him to let them go. I have locks on the tanks to prevent this from happening again.

Escapes can happen to anyone, snakes are masters of escape and they'll find any weakness in their enclosure/click clack and get out if they can. I've seen some of my snakes trying to push the air vents out with their noses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back