Bearded dragons and greens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys do with things like butternut pumpkin and other dense vegetables? Do you cook it a bit to soften it up, or just grate it?

no I don't cook anything,it's all raw,for my centrals I chop everything into pea sized chunks and for my pygmies it's about 1/2 that size.
When I had juvies I put the food through 1 of those old fashioned hand-crank mincers.
I put fresh veg every morning & leave all day/night and I feed bugs in the arvo

Bit of an update - I didn't give him any crickets today (poor lil' guy looks hungry!), he just ate his normal amount of greens, which isn't much. Hopefully tomorrow he will have a go at a few more greens than normal, if not I might go back to normal cricket feeding for a while - don't want to starve him.

Mine love squash, beans and chives with a coating of calcium and reptile vitamins. I find it easier than dusting the crickets.
They will eat carrot but it's not their favourite. They eat everything else in the bowl but leave the carrot for a rainy day.
I've not tried bok choy and butternut pumpkin. Will do that on the next trip to the supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back