Albino Darwin shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmick149

Not so new Member
Reaction score
How to tell when a albino Darwin is about to shed? I can tell when my Stimson is in shed but have no idea when my albino Darwin is in shed or about to shed. Last time I seen no signs at all but checked on her one morning and she was half way through.
i had her out tonight and she was unusually aggressave striking at the tv and at nothing at all but didn't strike at me but did get in to strike pose while getting her out. It's a bit hard to to see milky eyes or skin with her eye and skin colour. What has me thinking she might be about to shed is the aggression tonight and her scails were pulling at the hairs on my arm as she moved.
She had a big feed on Monday night and is growing quite fast atm her last shed was about a month ago.

When the snake bends it looks alot more wrinkled where it bends.

Also the eyes go very very milky and they look blind, you would be able to see that even on an albino

Very hard to with albinos mate. Found this myself. You will get to know after a few sheds but there's times with mine where a random shed will just appear. And no the eyes don't really go milky in albinos.

Last shed I didn't notice wrinkly skin where she was bending or rough skin. And didn't see any signs at all that she was about to shed. Because she was neglected buy the past owner I'm feeding every 5 days and she is growing fast now.
Id spent 5 days in hospital and when I got home Monday afternoon feed both my Stimson and albino and while I'd missed the milky eyes on the Stimson knew he's was about to shed and last night he did. But the albino I have no idea and last time showed no signs at all. But she has grown over a inch and put on just over 100g from the last shed so she must be getting close. But she did poop this morning so maybe she is getting a little hungry again and I hadn't had her out for a week

Really thier eyes don't go milky with albinos? o_O thats strange I thought they would.

That's interesting to know.

Mick the one thing I do mostly notice with the albinos they go 'baggy' or 'puffy' as if their skin is really loose around them. It's hard to describe. When you see it you will know.

Mick the one thing I do mostly notice with the albinos they go 'baggy' or 'puffy' as if their skin is really loose around them. It's hard to describe. When you see it you will know.

That's what I meant by wrinkling at the bends haha

the best way I've noticed is that when my albino sheds his scale stick up more than usual and come to more of a point like a rattle snake scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back