Coastal Python Suddenly Stopped Eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web_Himself

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive got a coastal ive had for years, shes over 7 ft. I tried to get her to try quails about 4 weeks ago and she wouldn't have a bar of it, the other snake nailed it and didn't care, so I left it for another week and a half and tried her again and she still wouldn't touch them. I just got some rats again and shes turning her nose up at them comes and has a look at what im dangling in front of her then pulls away totally dis-interested she hasn't eaten for at least 5 weeks now. She usually smells the rats and goes straight into hunt mode well before im ready to give them to her. Any suggestions shes got me a little worried???

What are your temperatures?

Have you read any of the other threads concerning snakes that aren't eating? There are a ton that have been posted lately.

You said the other snake grabbed a quail? Have you got the 2 snakes in together? Do you know the sex of both of them? Maybe she could be pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back