How to get albino?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willspyrou

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So just for general knowledge I been trying to find out how to get an albino clutch? I know it's got something to do with the het part of a snake but can someone be kind enough to link me to a site where it explains this or simply explain it yourself?
thanks in advance

I'm not that up on it to explain it without the chance of making mistakes but if you get on YouTube and type in "heterozygous and homozygous in snakes" you will find a 4 part series by Tropiduridae. The first in the series should appear at the top of the search. I found she explains it very we'll but can be a little fast to absorb it all in 1 viewing so pausing and replaying might be necessary. Hope this helps.

you need to breed a 100&het to another 100% het to get albinos
without already having an albino present in breeding

Either a 100% het to 100% her, or just get very lucky.

It's rare for an albino to hatch from parents that are not known to be hets or to be carrying any albino gene.
However, it does happen...

Thanks heaps I thought that it was 100% het on both male and female without having an albino present .. Thanks heaps people

Not, how to get albinos? not, how do I get an albino? and not even how do you get albinos?.

just straight up good old fashioned, "how to get albino"

how come no one has suggested breeding two albinos together. This gives 100% albino clutch :D

Eaisest method is buy one.
Even with a pair of 100% hets it is still possible to get a full clutch of normal looking offspring, extremely unlucky, but possible.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Agreed. Why would you waste that money on albino adults when you could just breed normal pythons until you get an albino or in this case, get albino.

6894df38cf6e4b69b6cfb0ae0908eb58.jpg

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back