Background. Rainforest theme

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
Thought I'd finally try my hand at a background. It's for my 8 month old albino darwin. Once he outgrows it the blond mac will move in.
Will let the pics do the talkin.
ff10ef94e9ff976207bf523400b158f1.jpg
1a0e5a6555543a15572dd23ab0486d21.jpg

Still have to seal it but not sure on the paint finish yet so tomorrow I will see.

d446da811aed565b4ba8f8e2ac73099e.jpg

Finished product. Will move the little tri coloured albino in during the next couple days after he has something to eat.

That looks amazing. Can I ask how you managed to get that smooth, eroded look? My backgrounds always turn out really rough and don't not nearly as flow-y...

That looks amazing. Can I ask how you managed to get that smooth, eroded look? My backgrounds always turn out really rough and don't not nearly as flow-y...

Start with a fair few pieces glued on the just carve the hell out of it so it flows. The do two coats of thick grout, followed by 3 coats of more watered down grout getting thiner each time. I also found that if you wait half hour after the thick stuff is applied it's much easier to shape.

That and patience. Print off a pic of the rock type you want and just look for little details to replicate

Water ratio to Grout/Cement affects it aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back