large tubs for adult carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beny-reny

Reaction score
Hi, i have been looking and looking trying to find some large tubs to build a rack to house adult carpets for a while now and have come up with nothing. Does anyone know where to get large tubs from? Looking for some about 1200 x 600 and not too high and possibly 1800 x 600 to 800 for some olives. Thanks in advance

Anything over 1000mm your more likely than not going to need to get custom made. Pretty sure bunnings has 1000x500x150 tubs.
I only use tubs up till about 2 years old then they go into enclosures. Get a kitchen maker to make you up some 1800x600x450 enclosures for the olive if space is an issue

Unless your pockets are very very deep and you can afford some freedom breeder tubs.

You wouldn't need to be in NSW or QLD. "soon" with tubs that small. ~B~

I am assuming he was to nsw's enclosure size regulations

1200x600 is fine for adult Carpets per the NSW regs. For Olives, 1800x700 is about the minimum floor size though - they're not considered "climbers" in the reg so wall size doesn't count. I agree with Pharskie though; you might need to go for reptile specific tubs rather than looking at Bunnings etc. to get the sizes you need

1200x600 is fine for adult Carpets per the NSW regs. For Olives, 1800x700 is about the minimum floor size though - they're not considered "climbers" in the reg so wall size doesn't count. I agree with Pharskie though; you might need to go for reptile specific tubs rather than looking at Bunnings etc. to get the sizes you need

Don't get it but how do they say 625mm square for large carpets is the minimum standard on the code of conduct form. I would have thought that would be too small for a 6ft jungle.

I need some bigger ones to meet minimum requirements in nsw, 1000x 500 is a bit small. Anyone know if anyone here in Australia deals with freedom breeder tubs? Tried to Email phil but seems like doesnt exist anymore

Don't get it but how do they say 625mm square for large carpets is the minimum standard on the code of conduct form. I would have thought that would be too small for a 6ft jungle.

It's not 625mm^2, it?s 0.625m^2 which is 625,000mm^2 ;). To get that, you need something very close to the old faithful 1200x600x600 (4x2x2) which most people would agree isn?t entirely inreasonable for most Carpets.

It's not 625mm^2, it?s 0.625m^2 which is 625,000mm^2 ;). To get that, you need something very close to the old faithful 1200x600x600 (4x2x2) which most people would agree isn?t entirely inreasonable for most Carpets.

I wonder how many people interpreted the measurements like I did.

I would say a lot did, especially early on when it was introduced. That's why I made the spreadsheet to share for everyone here to use.

Ah cool. I'm in the process of switching all of my adults from racks to 4x2x2 or larger enclosures. It's so much nicer. I'm just making backgrounds for enclosures for them as I go so I will eventually have all of my enclosures as "displays".

U can get the black plastic ponds and cut the front out and out clear Perspex they come in all sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back