Central Coast Herpetological Society November Meeting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
We have had a busy month at the Central Coast Herpetological Society. Tom Crutchfield then Justin Julander coming to visit and provide an insight into things we dont normally hear about. But dont forget this Wednesday is our normal monthly meeting with a presentation from our own Peter Street. Peter will be speaking on some of the interesting snake rescues he has undertaken over the years. Be sure to get down and listen how someones passion for native wildlife has saved many animals from dangerous situations. Meeting starts at 7.30pm at Bill Sohier Park Hall Ourimbah. Tickets for the anniversary dinner will be one sale as well as tickets for the end of year raffle.

See you there

Might see you there Josh
CCHS%20RESCUE%20TALK%20(Large).jpg
We have had a
busy month at the Central Coast Herpetological Society. Tom Crutchfield then Justin Julander coming to visit and provide an insight into things we dont normally hear about. But dont forget this Wednesday is our normal monthly meeting with a presentation from our own Peter Street. Peter will be speaking on some of the interesting snake rescues he has undertaken over the years. Be sure to get down and listen how someones passion for native wildlife has saved many animals from dangerous situations. Meeting starts at 7.30pm at Bill Sohier Park Hall Ourimbah. Tickets for the anniversary dinner will be one sale as well as tickets for the end of year raffle.

See you there

Sorry Josh but I find it shameful for any reptile organisation to give Tom Crutchfield attention. He is a low life who is has demonstrated a severe lack of compassion for some of the worlds rarest animals with illegal smuggling to agents across the world for his own wealth. He served 2.5 years in prison for these offences.

Hardly a notable person to represent the hobby. Pretty shameful!

Why did the Central Coast Herp Society choose to allow him to speak? Are you aware of his background? Most respected reptile groups in the US wouldnt even consider allowing him to talk.

I find it laughable that the other speaker is talking about rescue of reptiles, while Tom has been responsible for the harm of reptiles and the further decimation of natural populations of threatened species, most which are listed as endangered under CITES.

Last edited:
Sorry Josh but I find it shameful for any reptile organisation to give Tom Crutchfield attention. He is a low life who is has demonstrated a severe lack of compassion for some of the worlds rarest animals with illegal smuggling to agents across the world for his own wealth. He served 2.5 years in prison for these offences.

Hardly a notable person to represent the hobby. Pretty shameful!

Why did the Central Coast Herp Society choose to allow him to speak? Are you aware of his background? Most respected reptile groups in the US wouldnt even consider allowing him to talk.

I find it laughable that the other speaker is talking about rescue of reptiles, while Tom has been responsible for the harm of reptiles and the further decimation of natural populations of threatened species, most which are listed as endangered under CITES.

Hey Big Willy,

Whilst I'm not going to disagree with the points you have made I'd like to point out that there are that many dodgy notable people within the reptile hobby in Australia that have spoken at all different herp society meetings. I don't think it's fair to start attacking this speaker choice with all the others that get ignored.

If people with questionable morals and shady backgrounds weren't allowed to speak there might only be a few meetings a year lol.

Im sorry but their is no justification for allowing this speaker to talk. He is one of the worst wildlife smuggling criminals and contributed to the loss of endangered species from their natural habitats. He has even been involved in smuggling of native Australian wildlife. This was all for self gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back