Albino Darwin Hiding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveang2010

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a relatively new Albino Darwin who is feeding etc perfectly but is always in her hide. She handles just fine but i never see her unless she comes out to feed.

Does anyone know a trick or 2 where i might be able to encourage her to come out a bit more. She is a juvenile and i don't want to upset since she is so good, but i would like to see her a bit more.

I have a hot spot at one end of her enclosure and some branches, water at the cool end, but she seems quite content to stay in her rock hide.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave

New home and young python. They will hide out for a while until they settle in a bit more. You will most probably find that the python will venture out to explore the enclosure at night and with time will come out during the day. I have three Darwin's. One rarely uses it's hides while the other two usually only come out at dusk.

Just give her time and she will get used to being out more, when i first got mine she would hide as soon as she saw movement but i would cover her enclosure at nite and if i went in to check her she would be out, after her 3mth quarantine time she went into a larger enclosure and now will either sleep on her branch or in her water bowl. through out shed period she will stay in hide but all pythons have there own quirks and am sure once she feels safe you will get to see her more and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back