Freight of snakes interstate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qwetzal

I am considering buying my first pair of rough Scaled Pythons, but they are located in SA and I need them to be freighted by australian air express to melbourne. I just wanted to know what the process is with picking them up from the airport and the risks as I don't want the animals to perish. I have never freighted before so I would like to know how things work before I agree to buying.
Thank you

if buying from experienced people they will make sure the animals are freighted correctly. i have had mine sent from Alice Springs and SA but both were packaged extremely well and even though one flight was delayed the collection centre stayed open for me just so i could collect. The breeder had all paperwork done and i would not hesitate to do it again but alot of trust is put in the seller and references are always good to check before purchase - goodluck

As mentioned make sure all paperwork is sorted apart from that it's easy. Snakes will be a bit stressed but should still settle fine (mine did)

Ok thank you. I guess SA to Melb is a short flight so it shouldn't be too bad on them, I'll do some research and look in to the sellers history if possible. Thanks for the help guys

Go to QANTAS Freight terminal at the airport about a half hour after your snakes flight is scheduled to land, show you ID and they should be there waiting.
Paperwork is usually sorted out by the seller, you get your copies with consignment, then fill out and return the copy to whichever wildlife department of the state it needs to go to, and keep you copy...

Not sure about Vic but in NSW the buyer has to organize and pay for an import permit. About $30 and can be done online

Every interstate breeder I've bought off have sorted out paperwork from their end and just tacked on the cost to purchase price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back