How do most snakes act after being fed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIris

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have bought my first snake ever and I have done a lot of research on him before I got him. He's a green tree Python sorong type and he's the sweetest boy ever! I fed him on Sunday and now it's tuesday, I haven't touched him since Sunday and I'll be waiting until tomorrow to hold him again so he doesn't regurgitate his food. He's been perching inactively on a perch under the canopy of a plant and only moves his head. Is this normal behaviour for snakes after hey have fed? Are they too busy digesting and that's why he's not moving as much?
I'd appreciate if someone could shed light on this topic.

Yeah he's prob just digesting and I don't handle my snakes 24 hrs before or after feeding and have never had a regurgitation.

Yeah he's prob just digesting and I don't handle my snakes 24 hrs before or after feeding and have never had a regurgitation.
Ahh thank you! It's not that I was worried. I mean, I assumed it was because he was just digesting his food. So yours move very little too after they've been fed?

My knowledge of GTPs is practically non-existent, but it was my understanding that they spend quite a lot of the day-time hours 'perching' generally, not necessarily just after a meal. If i were you i would definitely hang around for more of the experienced GTP keepers to comment.

How does licencing work in VIC? Can you just buy an advanced licence straight out?

Ahh thank you! It's not that I was worried. I mean, I assumed it was because he was just digesting his food. So yours move very little too after they've been fed?

yeah mine stay on alert for an hour or so then they go in their hide to digest as suggested maybe wait for the experienced gtp keepers to comment.

My knowledge of GTPs is practically non-existent, but it was my understanding that they spend quite a lot of the day-time hours 'perching' generally, not necessarily just after a meal. If i were you i would definitely hang around for more of the experienced GTP keepers to comment.

How does licencing work in VIC? Can you just buy an advanced licence straight out?

Yeah GTPs are nocturnal so he's always perched up during the day. I know that. He was just perched up all night too for 2 nights after he ate and I just assumed it was normal after a feed.

It took a month to process my license. You hand in a form along with a cheque or money order from the bank via mail. They process it for about 3 weeks, and then you should have your license in the mail by the 4th week. It's a very long wait if you ask me, and having a license seems to be soooooo much paperwork just for one animal. I'm not sure how it's like in other states.

Yikes, everything is online now in NSW, which is nice.

Sounds like perfectly normal behaviour, just digesting his meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back