Tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morants

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody keep their adult Morelia in rack systems anymore , if so where do you find the tubs that are big enough to comply with the code in NSW thanks

You might find a few breeders using them still, but it's simply the fact that the cost involved in purchasing them - even small ones - is simply not worth it.
Plus with the new NSW codes you'd be required to have what would be old full size adult tubs for hatchies these days...

I was looking at vision racks and they have a python rack ,and the tubs in that rack fit with the code, the code says either back wall or floor space, so where would you buy the tubs? does anyone know?

I think the cost in building a rack to house my snakes would be considerably less then building an enclosure to house one snake and so on and so on 18 times,

Adult jungles can be housed in 80l under bed tubs in compliance with the Code Of Conduct release.
1000x500x180 is the tub size if memory serves correct.

Adult jungles can be housed in 80l under bed tubs in compliance with the Code Of Conduct release.
1000x500x180 is the tub size if memory serves correct.

They would have to be tiny adults,...the code states that the shortest dimension can't be less than 20% of the snakes body length

They would have to be tiny adults,...the code states that the shortest dimension can't be less than 20% of the snakes body length

Ahhhh, ok I didn't see that point. Well I guess that near renders racks pointless in NSW

well that sucks , at this rate I will have to buy the house next door just to house my snakes.

- - - Updated - - -

doesn't the code state the shortest FLOOR dimension cant be less then 20%?

Oops, you're right, I checked and it does specifically say floor,.....

I think it also says For species identified as requiring climbing space (see Appendix A), the minimum size can be either the floor area or the back wall area. so does this mean if I find tubs that are 79cm x 100cm, I can make a rack?

The code says 0.4m2 for jungles and rsps and 0.625m2 for other carpets in either floor or wall space. This is for anything over 18 months

I think it also says For species identified as requiring climbing space (see Appendix A), the minimum size can be either the floor area or the back wall area. so does this mean if I find tubs that are 79cm x 100cm, I can make a rack?

That would still make an 8 tub rack roughly 3ft x 3.5ft x 8ft in dimension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back