File snakes.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr-Zoidberg

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the little file snake (Acrochordus Granulatus) is available in the trade, can't seem to find any upon a few web searches. I would love to add a couple to my collection, but may have to settle for an arafura.

cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also wondering if anybody has ever kept turtles and arafuras in the same setup, if finances allow it, I was thinking of having a massive tank built into the loungeroom wall that would house a few file snakes and turtles aswell as native fish as a display. That's if the missus agrees to it ;)

cheers.

Sounds like an impressive feature planned, best of luck with the wife agreeing to it.

Thanks mate, would love one big enough for me to dive into when it needs a clean lol but of course we'll more than likely come to a compromise with it being a lot smaller than I want. Hopefully at least 8ft wide * 6ft high and visible from both sides of the wall (loungeroom/dinning room).

cheers.

p.s not married yet, engaged.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, would love one big enough for me to dive into when it needs a clean lol but of course we'll more than likely come to a compromise with it being a lot smaller than I want. Hopefully at least 8ft wide * 6ft high and visible from both sides of the wall (loungeroom/dinning room).

cheers.

p.s not married yet, engaged.

congrats,and pm sent.

I think I've seen small arafura file snakes housed with pignose turtles at a wildlife park/zoo just cant quite remember which one.

You could try Jeremy at Reptile Territory for a file snake. If he doesn't sell them he
may know someone who does. They are awesome to keep BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back