Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you would like to purchase a snake , and have sent the seller a message , the seller has bothered to reply to you as quickly as possible -- same day , next day , next week -- doesn't matter--------- and you do OR don't want it why is it so hard to send another message ?????
Or is this the way the young of today ( Gen NOW) do things ???

Am getting so sick of seeing posts by people saying "my snake won't eat " when it's been 1 week or what temp should my hot spot be? do some research before you get a reptile people, also getting so over all these "know it alls" saying you shouldn't do this and you you shouldn't do that, the one that cracks me up the most "you can't handle your python or attempt to feed it within the first week so it can settle in, I've had pythons for 20 years and have held and fed them the day I got them home, never had a problem! and another one, make sure you keep your hatchie in a small click clack because big spaces stress them out, *** what do they do in the wild?, come on people stop babying your pythons and to any new people research research research BEFORE you get a reptile, and one more you can't keep pythons together I have jungles and coastals of opposite sex that have been housed together for 20 years, I wouldn't advise doing it with known reptile eaters but geez , can people just chill out with the same BS everyday on here,

Am getting so sick of seeing posts by people saying "my snake won't eat " when it's been 1 week or what temp should my hot spot be? do some research before you get a reptile people, also getting so over all these "know it alls" saying you shouldn't do this and you you shouldn't do that, the one that cracks me up the most "you can't handle your python or attempt to feed it within the first week so it can settle in, I've had pythons for 20 years and have held and fed them the day I got them home, never had a problem! and another one, make sure you keep your hatchie in a small click clack because big spaces stress them out, *** what do they do in the wild?, come on people stop babying your pythons and to any new people research research research BEFORE you get a reptile, and one more you can't keep pythons together I have jungles and coastals of opposite sex that have been housed together for 20 years, I wouldn't advise doing it with known reptile eaters but geez , can people just chill out with the same BS everyday on here,
Hey mate you're starting to sound like one of those "know it alls" if ya can't beat em join em haha

So if you can feed within 7 days why don't you elaborate within the threads you're complaining about so new people can understand?
Sure, you can feed within that time but why not try and set some standards for when people just start out to make things easier for them?

My shingleback is having trouble shedding. What should I do? It's stuck on his feet and toes like he's wearing gloves and I don't want it to cut off the circulation to his toes. Would soaking them help?

Waiting for my snake to shed so i can feed....

My shingleback is having trouble shedding. What should I do? It's stuck on his feet and toes like he's wearing gloves and I don't want it to cut off the circulation to his toes. Would soaking them help?
Yes give him a good soak once a day until it come off :)

Don't let it dry out, it'll contract and cut off the blood flow and could cost it it's toes.
soak his feet till it's soft and remove it by hand.

cheers.

- - - Updated - - -
Vent,

So much rain, so much mowing to do. On the bright side, there will be heaps of critters waiting for me to find when I go herping over the holidays :) .

Last edited:
Don't let it dry out, it'll contract and cut off the blood flow and could cost it it's toes.
soak his feet till it's soft and remove it by hand.

cheers.

- - - Updated - - -
Vent,

So much rain, so much mowing to do. On the bright side, there will be heaps of critters waiting for me to find when I go herping over the holidays :) .
should I try to do it in the sink or just put some water in the bath that he can just walk around in?
Hes usually good with shedding but sort of did it backwards this time with his tail shedding first

sounds awesome

should I try to do it in the sink or just put some water in the bath that he can just walk around in?
Hes usually good with shedding but sort of did it backwards this time with his tail shedding first

sounds awesome

Yeah fill a sink to just above his feet and leave him in there for 5-10 mins. Then gently pull the skin off. If it's hard to break where it's rolled back and thicker, you can use nail clippers, carefully, to cut it away. Shouldn't need the clippers though.

cheers

Most nerve wracking morning of my life... Had an interview for a job I'm really desperate to get. My current job is driving me insane and affecting my health, and this new one is such an amazing opportunity... Interview was so intense! Fingers crossed for a good outcome...

Most nerve wracking morning of my life... Had an interview for a job I'm really desperate to get. My current job is driving me insane and affecting my health, and this new one is such an amazing opportunity... Interview was so intense! Fingers crossed for a good outcome...

Good luck !! Is that ur bike? What is it

If you don't mind me asking MissDangerous,

What sort of industry or position was your interview for? Good Luck with it regardless.

As for a vent, very sunburnt feet within an hour even with 50+ sunscreen.

So what was ment to be a lazy day at work, ended in disaster. I clipped a wall with a 40t front end loader. No one was hurt except for my pride ( and the wall ).
3532b411a3d5f1cc8e17d5656e7c8138.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking MissDangerous,

What sort of industry or position was your interview for? Good Luck with it regardless.

As for a vent, very sunburnt feet within an hour even with 50+ sunscreen.

Customer service :) I really love it, just need to do a different avenue than hospitality for a while I think.

On a good note though, I got the job!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back