non stick or teflon coated pots to feed lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illium

Reaction score
Hey all,

getting tired of always recoating my bowls with fluon so the roaches cant crawl out when I leave them in for my monitors.

Has anyone tried using non-stick or Teflon coated cook wear as feeding container. May something as simple as the non stick single serve pie tins would do the trick.

Cheers

No mate it won't work,teflon is nothing like fluon although it would be nice if it was.I know it is a similar product.BUT.
Teflon is a non-stick cooking surface whereas fluon is a water based solution which wears away as touched by critters etc.
It's kind of like saying kevlar is bullet proof but it is also used for boats sails so are they bullet proof too ?

I'm not sure I agree dragonlover. Fluon works because it creates a surface that's too slippery to climb up so, theoretically, any slippery surface should work. I know I've seen cockroaches get trapped in a stainless kitchen sink because they couldn't climb out. Illium, maybe you could experiment with a tin or pan that you already have and just throw a single roach in to see how easily it can climb out?

Alternatively, I found bowls at a home store that curve up and back inwards a little at the top. Having that curve at the top makes it a bit harder for the monitors to come in contact with it so I never needed to reapply the coating.

Tested a pot late night, doesn't seem to work. pot was unused, 2 adult woodies, one left in the morning, so one made it to freedom.

Ill give the inward lip a go I find them.
I just don't enjoy coating fluon even 3-4 weeks since I only remember when im feeding and the bowls need a good scrub before I apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back