Lighting options

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosco

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently setting up a 450x450x300 glass terrarium for my Stimsons Python. What size globe should I use to light it?? And should I get a UV globe?

Last edited:
Hi Mosco,

You don't need UV. I would get an LED strip. It uses almost no power and does not heat up, therefore requires no light cage. You can get these at Jarycar, Bunnings or lighting shops. I also recommend insulating the back and sides of your terrarium, as they lose heat very quickly. I did something similar with my stimmy and it worked well.

Okay awesome! :) this isn't to do with lighting but in summer would a 15w heat cord under a ceramic tile be enough to heat the warm end?

Okay awesome! :) this isn't to do with lighting but in summer would a 15w heat cord under a ceramic tile be enough to heat the warm end?
Should be fine during summer you will need a thermostat aswell for a heatcord. I'd recommend a habistat thermo

I second the Habistat recommendation. Get a probe thermostat and put it on top of the tile. Pulse proportional is best for heat cord. I have Habistats and they are very steady plus last for ages (I don't think I've had one break in 10 year!).

I second the Habistat recommendation. Get a probe thermostat and put it on top of the tile. Pulse proportional is best for heat cord. I have Habistats and they are very steady plus last for ages (I don't think I've had one break in 10 year!).

What one should I get? Like what model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back