Where did the forum go?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinefamily

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
What happened to APS for the last couple of days? Was there some maintenance I missed?

Hi All,

I was away on a camping trip with the family when the site went down, so I was not aware of the issue until I got back to civilization. When I did, I found that a couple of the largest database tables had crashed. I spent this morning repairing and recovering the tables and the site should how be working again.

I am in the process of putting in place some changes to avoid such an issue in future. The site may run a little slow over the next few hours while I do so, but once it is complete, this should reduce the chance of such a long outage in future.

Thanks for your patience.

Adam

RDU and ARF were/and are still down too.

As a user who shuns Stalkbook, there was a shortage of Aussie herp content there for a while.

Perhaps a lot of people did things that involved not being on a computer.
I do believe there was some form of worldwide celebration just this past week, but very vague on the details...

Adam

Thanks for all the work of you, the other administrators and moderators for keeping this forum going.

Have a great NYE and 2015.

How dare you go camping Adam, ya know the world evolves around the internet :lol:

I know that the problem with the Adelaide Reptile Forum was a faulty drive on the server., I think that there may be other forums running off the same server. I didn't have much notice ( I run that forum) , so most forum members didn't know the system was going down. It was taken down about 4 am to copy the faulty drive, however as the drive was on it last legs it took many hours to get the data off instead of just a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back