Surprise eggs need help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sk17zn

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have just come home from being away on holidays and have found my female bredli has laid some eggs. I didn't know she was gravid. My problem is I don't know when she laid the eggs and I don't have an incubator. I haven't touched the eggs at all and they are still all together. She isn't currently laying on the eggs. Is it best I just leave her be with them now and see the outcome?

If you don't have an incubator, leaving them with her is about all you can do. Unless you want to make or buy one.
Have you got a temp gun? What temp are the eggs at?

There white, she has been housed with a male last year at some point apprently. I'm happy to buy one I just can't find any reptile shops in west Sydney who sell them now

Just keep in mind that those eggs will hatch into snakes that will require feeding, housing and cleaning weekly for a fair few months. Id be looking into buying a hatchling rack now as well as a supplier of mice for the hatchlings

I'm well aware of what comes out of eggs. Cheers for the heads up but. As stated my concern is more where to but an incubator. Feeding housing and all the other things that come with it isn't a problem.

If you can, jump on gumtree and look for an old bar fridge (usually a free non working one on there) then all you will need is a quality thermostat and heat cord. Wrap the cord around and tape it in and you have a more reliable incubator than what you find in shops.
And it wasnt ment as an insult, ive just seen a few posts of my x snake had eggs then a few months later a "help i need a rack etc" because they didnt plan ahead when they found the eggs often coinsiding with a can i leave the hatchies in the same enclosure as the parents post.

Thanks for the reply. It's all good incubator all sorted now :)
hatchy rack being made also thank you for the heads up. And I know where your coming from don't worry once I wrote it figured people would read it as a noobie wanting to take short cuts etc

No worries =) if you need any help with the design of a hatchy rack let me know, we have 3 or so upstairs for geckos that were built at home.

imagejpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back