Planning for the future need help (brisbane)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lochie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
If you are in Brisbane love reptiles and are able accommodate a spare gem to help me out read on.
If not it will probably be somewhat of novel and not worth the read lol.

I'm a young guy 20 years old and was due to start basic training in the military until I broke my leg quite badly in early july last year only a couple weeks short of taking my oath after passing all my medicals etc.

Quite bad break for anyone who is interested in an x-ray lol
http://gyazo.com/8ad53d86b4233fe741919bd4c9ab384d

I had made arrangements with a friend of mine to look after my bredli while I was in training and until I was living off base in a place of my own. This is now not available to me, as said friend had now gotten together with a woman who has a young child and my bredli is a murderous thug killer who will eat any and all babies so yeah, I need to find new arrangements.

I have been back at home living with a parent while I was unable to walk for like 6 months.
Now I am able to start walking again the next few months in my life will be pretty hectic, because I will be getting a job once I'm confident enough on my feat and moving into a share house most likely while I train away 7months worth of lying still with an elevated leg.

So I'm looking for temporary home for my lovely bredli ghillie.

I don't know if it's a male or a female, It has literally never bitten anyone.

Is about 2 years old, is feeding will on adult rats. Never turned down a feed and never had a bad shed.
Most beautiful natured creature I've met and I'm a country boy that's spent a lot of time on farms.
Usually I'd just sell or give away my pets, but I want to hang onto this snake, I don't know why there is just something about it that I love,

So if anyone is able to take on a snake for a while at around mid to late fed until I get my **** sorted I would really appreciate it.
This would help me out so much and I would rather have my snake in the hands of someone I know, will look after him/her.

thanks,

Lochie

Google sunshine virus mate, it will explain to you why people aren't replying

I'm aware of the virus, understandable I wouldn't want unnecessary risk either.

I still wanted to reach out to the community in case there was someone willing to help before I have to get rid of ghillie permanently.

Google sunshine virus mate, it will explain to you why people aren't replying

Also, riddle me this...
If people aren't willing to sit an animal because of the risk of Sunshine virus, wouldn't they also not be willing to buy a snake because of Sunshine virus?
Yet there has been absolutely zero impact on sales due to Sunshine virus fears.
This makes your claim both redundant and invalid.

i must admit though the thought did cross my mind but the health of our own animals should always come first over the emotion of trying to help sadly as if things go south which sometimes can happen who is going to cover costs re vets etc and fall out, and the up keep of your animal. Alot of people are ok to be able to quarnatine and animal for a period of time but if my chance it get injured whilst in anothers care things can be very messy. I hope for your sake of being able to keep your animal you get a solution - or think about handing over ownership fully and maybe re purchasing the animal if things improve and you find the right person you could do and trust this with. Goodluck

Yeah, there's a bunch of other liabilities that are more immediate and realistic before SV

Wouldn't you have to "sell" the snake so that whomever may look after it has it legally licenced to their property? You would want to be sure you find a very trustworthy person to look after it. If someone offers be careful.

Wouldn't you have to "sell" the snake so that whomever may look after it has it legally licenced to their property? You would want to be sure you find a very trustworthy person to look after it. If someone offers be careful.

Top of the list liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back