Rescue Python needs home!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn2554

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all. About a year ago I was called to AWL to help the vets deal with a python that was handed to them. He was infested with mites and had been attacked by birds. Luckily for him, I had a spare tub, a wildlife licence, and more confidence with snakes than any of the vets.
Once I managed to get him eating and nurse him back to health, I realised he was a better behaved snake than my other python. Never bit once. Rather timid, but not snappy.
I've made the tough decision to get out of reptiles. I sold my first python a few weeks ago to a happy home, but now I have my rescue, affectionately named Sprout. I dont know what to do with him (her?) because he has no papers and no proper enclosure. I'm also en route to study overseas for a year, and my family will not care for him.
So, I'm asking if there's anybody with room for a carpet python. I've given him a second chance, but I hope someone else can give him a third.
If not, is there anybody around who you may know can take on a rescue?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20150123_144132.jpg
    IMG_20150123_144132.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20150123_144202.jpg
    IMG_20150123_144202.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 113
Assuming that it has made a full recovery (as it sounds like it has), has no permanent injury that compromises its ability to survive and was kept separate from your pet (i.e quarantined) it should be OK to be released in bushland near where it was found.

That would be my question, now it has been through rehab why isn't it just being released?

Good point wally. From what I remember the awl only deals with mistreated captive animals though?

that will explain it then. If it's from AWL shouldn't they have authority to rehome and have it put on license for anyone who would want it?
Being in Ipswitch I'm sure there are plenty of decent keepers around...

just realease it nearby ..... no reason why it wont survive..
Everyone seems to ark up when an Exotic escapes or is released and they think it will destroy the whole ecosystem like a cane toad ....... yet the same people seem to think a native ... released into its own native habitat will die ???? strange that , eh ?
Find a good spot away from Humans and it will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back