Python constantly trying to escape

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJungleBook

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, so long story short my python escaped a couple a months ago until he showed up on the aviary. Anyway all he does now is try to find a way out of his enclosure. Will he settle back in or does he think his wild now since he spent a bit of time outdoors? Hah :(
He also won't go in his hide.

no, he is being a snake doing what snakes do. Its normal

Thanks for welcoming me? I've owned this python for quite some time and he hasn't been like this. I understand owning a python but his being a bit extreme. Right. Thanks for your replies. Helpful ????

I'd like to know your temps are n enclosure, plz. Also type pf python. My guess without knowing either is that you may be a bit too cool. Temps wise, I mean.

you might find he is just being hormonal as with being on his own if he went into hibernation and not long out he could just be super active looking to find mates etc til he settles again. Has he gone through shed yet as unless my darwin is leading up to shed she will never be in her hide and more so i have never seen her in her hot hide though she is perfect health and clearly does this when i dont see her so he may also be doing this too. I cover my enclosures every nite so who knows what goes on at times :) If he is eating - shedding etc i am sure he will settle back to normal

Because he was gone for a couple of months, I sold everything and have had to start again since he turned up outside!!! Anyway once I've got all his things back to normal should be better. He has settled down anyway so yeah thanks! :)

Once an animal has figured out how to escape, it will retest the spot that worked for it on the first escape. They are masters of escape. You need to make changes to the enclosure. Plenty of things make them active, even a change in the weather which is what we've had here in NSW. Its just doing what pythons do best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back