Moving Aftercare

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radioinvader

Not so new Member
Reaction score
On Friday we're moving to a new house an hour or so away. I'm going to be transporting my two year old spotted in the car in his terrarium. When we are moved into the new house, how long should I let him settle for before handling or feeding again? A week or so? I don't want to stress him out more if the car ride and new environment freaks him out.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if he's in his same enclosure but you could try leaving him a week if your worried. I know a spotty who's moved between a few places and never seemed to faze him.

Safety first.
Don't transport him in the terrarium, take him out and place him in a pillow case inside a proportionate sized plastic container with air holes.
You never know what can happen during transport, and the longer the travel the higher the risk...

Safety first.
Don't transport him in the terrarium, take him out and place him in a pillow case inside a proportionate sized plastic container with air holes.
You never know what can happen during transport, and the longer the travel the higher the risk...

View attachment 313204
So this would be okay to transport him in if I put holes in it? With just a plain pillow case, no substrate or anything for padding? And is it worth it to try and feed him on Sunday as per usual or leave him a week in case he's too stressed?

I recommend that herps be transported in eskies with holes drilled in them and their lids, especially if any extremes of temperature may be experienced in transit. Put them in a linen or cotton bag (e.g bank bag) and pad them in a nest of shredded paper in the esky. The small eskies made for six packs are ideal for small herps. Polystyrene boxes used for transporting seafood and fruit & veg are also good. It's important to keep any transport box out of direct sunlight.

Do not feed animals before transporting (ideally empty guts) and don't attempt to feed it for a week or two after transporting it. Keep handling to an absolute minimum after transportation.

BTW, your attachment didn't work.

Last edited:
I recommend that herps be transported in eskies with holes drilled in them and their lids, especially if any extremes of temperature may be experienced in transit. Put them in a linen or cotton bag (e.g bank bag) and pad them in a nest of shredded paper in the esky. The small eskies made for six packs are ideal for small herps. Polystyrene boxes used for transporting seafood and fruit & veg are also good. It's important to keep any transport box out of direct sunlight.

Do not feed animals before transporting (ideally empty guts) and don't attempt to feed it for a week or two after transporting it. Keep handling to an absolute minimum after transportation.

BTW, your attachment didn't work.
Okay, thank you. All I have right now is a plastic tub so I'll put some holes in it and hopefully that will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back