Boyd's Forest Dragon breeding advice.......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Good evening all......

I am just in search of some advice from those that have successfully bred Boyd's Forest Dragons. At present is ideally set up to induce breeding. I have a total of four Boyd's in the one large tropical rainforest enclosure (will post pics)....two adult male/female plus two female juveniles who aren't far off being adults.

Their temps sit in the 24-30 degree range and humidity never drops below 50 but gets as high as 80-90% dependant on how recent the lat misting was. I am running an exo terra monsoon misting system which periodically mists the enclosure.

20150204_195405.jpg20150204_202935.jpg

Any advice would be most welcome and appreciated.........

Last edited:
That's a good looking set-up you've created.
I really like the photograph of the rainforest in the background. How did you do that?
It looks like you've managed to get a couple of real tree trunks in there. That's impressive.

Here's a link to a good thread that contains a lot of info, including breeding advice: Boyds Forest Dragon Information Thread

Last edited:
Howdy Bushman. Firstly mate, I take absolutely no credit for the enclosure or anything to do with its build. I bought this one and another desert dwelling enclosure for my central netted's which is even better than this one off Jesse Farquhar who is from Victoria and some on here may know him. A great kid who is very knowledgeable with all things reptile. The enclosures were big dollars to build and this one in particular is great for the Boyd's....misting system built in, two x halogen downlights (1 x red and 1 x green), 1 x Exo Terra 5.0 UVB Tropical/Sub-tropical tube plus a heat cord that runs around the entire enclosure.

To be perfectly honest, the pics don't do it justice, nor the central netted enclosure....but the main thing is that they r both effective and that's what I want for my animals. I had well known and respected vet Peter Cameron do a house call and he too was impressed at the set ups.

The irony in all this is that I can't get the boyd's to mate nor too the central netted's of which I have a colony of 11. I did have 13, however we lost two within a few days of each other due to old age....they were great warriors and fought hard.

Last edited:
So you can't take the credit eh! Kudos to Jesse then.

I would say that you may have missed the boat this year with the Boyds. Mine start laying in June and i think they have finished for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back