Need help ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrodmclean

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a Coastal Carpet Python, he's about a 10 - 11 months old. I need to know how long i can have him away from he's heat source, im going to Bathurst from Sydney (2 and a half hour drive) and i need to know if he'll be okay for that long without he's heat source?
Ill also be traveling at night and Unfortunately cannot use the cars heater.

Don't feed him for a week beforehand (just to be safe) and you should be good to go.

He'll be fine off the heat for 2-3 hours. As someone pointed out in another thread on here what you transport him in is prob most important. Pop him a small secure container with air holes and maybe some paper towel for a bit of padding.

Incase what exactly?

Two and a half hours without heat shouldn't be a problem if you insulate his travel container correctly. But if he has food in his gut without heat for a prolonged period of time it's not going to end well. Personally i wouldn't feed him for a week just incase something happens. Eg Trip takes longer than expected or you get to your destination and can't supply heat for a prolonged period of time. You never know, might happen or it might not.

He's feeding day is on Mondays anyway so thats good, thanks heaps for you help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back