q's about spotted setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simboni

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a spotted python (hatchling) and I was wondering what equipment/products, particularly heating and lighting I will need to get.

Also I have a 12x12x18 terrarium. Instead of buying a new one straight of (although I know it needs to be done) would the snake fit in it for an amount of time?

thanks

I'm also getting a spotted python hatchy and have spent hours and hours of research on them. I'm going to be setting up a click clack for him/her until it's big enough for a proper enclosure- I've heard hatchlings are escapees and can get stressed easy in a big enclosure. As for heat I'm using a 7 watt heat meat covering 1/3 of the click clack so there's a hot end and a cool end. I'll also be using a thermostat to control how much heat the heat mat is giving off- no more then 33?. I've never heard of using any kind of lighting when there in the click clacks but in an enclosure you could use one. As substrate I'll be using paper towel as it's easier to clean. Two hides-one in the hot end, one in the cool end, a water dish and I'll put some dowel in tor climbing. Also 2 thermometers to keep and eye on the temps- one down the hot end and the other down the cool end.

My partner has a coastal carpet python and has had her since she was 6 weeks old and put her straight into a 2ft tank but put heaps of hides in so she didn't get scared. She's now 3.5ft and is happily in a 4ft enclosure.

I think I've covered most of it and hope it helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back