Feeding juvenile python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maffie

Reaction score
Hi all I have a juvenile childs python that has not ate in 2 months,I have now moved to a place where i can not get pinkies for another 2 weeks is there something else i could try to feed him? thanx

What are your enclosure temps? If it is too cool that may be the reason your childreni isn't eating

If you can get adult mice you could quarter it and feed a leg

Try velvet mice i.e very small fuzziness that are lightly furred. If you can't source them then just try the smallest fuzzy mice you can find.

Has the snake fed for you yet?
How old/big is your juvenile snake?

Last edited:
sorry i worded it wrong i can not get no mice what so ever for 2 weeks. how would some chicken thigh go?

- - - Updated - - -

temps are 34 and 26

- - - Updated - - -

nearly 1 year and has not fed for me yet

I would not recommend feeding it chicken thigh, even if it did accept it, which is unlikely.

ok thanx i might try go for a trip next weekend to get some mice..he looks healthy and happy so should be right

I suggest that you examine the snakes captive conditions. Aspects like stress from handling and/or lack of sufficient hides. How often do you handle it, if at all?

Just wondering, where are you that you cannot source mice?
I've also heard of people using slithers of pig or beef heart. Might get you by if you are worried it's been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back