Reptile Licence in the ACT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Random

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get a python down the track (at some point)
just wanting to know if anyone can please tell me the best ways to go about getting a reptile licence in Canberra, ACT???

I'm wanting to get a python down the track (at some point)
just wanting to know if anyone can please tell me the best ways to go about getting a reptile licence in Canberra, ACT???

You need to keep an exempt species for a minimum of two years with evidence. This is based on a merit system (unless it has been changed recently), you will require evidence it is not wild caught and that you have had it for two years, this can be in the form of a receipt or photos (time stamped will help). That's just the start of it. If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

You need to keep an exempt species for a minimum of two years with evidence. This is based on a merit system (unless it has been changed recently), you will require evidence it is not wild caught and that you have had it for two years, this can be in the form of a receipt or photos (time stamped will help). That's just the start of it. If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me a pm.
Hey, do you think you might be able to send me a link to the application form? I'm having abit of trouble finding it...

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/parks-recreation/plants_and_animals/animal_licensing

but don't be in a rush when you want to get one. I waited 5 weeks for my last import licence. And that was after I left numerous emails and voicemail. Wasn't impressed as no one bothered to ring or email me, just ignored all communication and it finally arrived in the mail a week ago. Last year it only took on average 1 week. And we're still waiting for my daughter's licence which was put in at the same time!

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/parks-recreation/plants_and_animals/animal_licensing

but don't be in a rush when you want to get one. I waited 5 weeks for my last import licence. And that was after I left numerous emails and voicemail. Wasn't impressed as no one bothered to ring or email me, just ignored all communication and it finally arrived in the mail a week ago. Last year it only took on average 1 week. And we're still waiting for my daughter's licence which was put in at the same time!

Word on the street is there is now only one person managing this side of things. Hence the difference in approval times.
Not sure how true it is though.

Also, PrincessParrot I let you the exact same link on your profile.

Word on the street is there is now only one person managing this side of things. Hence the difference in approval times.
Not sure how true it is though.

Quokkas! I'd volunteer there if they'd let me. And they'd have heaps less to do then, cause no one would need to read my repeated follow-up emails or listen to my voicemail and be able to get on with processing applications ;)

Quokkas! I'd volunteer there if they'd let me. And they'd have heaps less to do then, cause no one would need to read my repeated follow-up emails or listen to my voicemail and be able to get on with processing applications ;)

I suspect then you will need a new license to keep your animals under as you would technically be a conservation officer and who would grant that.....? [emoji6]

sounds hard... in Queensland you go to a website click a link.. fill in a couple of details.. pay your money on credit card and its instantly emailed to you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back