Moving interstate with GTP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellohello

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am moving from Brisbane to Sydney over the easter weekend and need to take my 3 yo GTP, hes only 400gm, we're travelling travelling by car.

Few questions..
1. How do you regulate the temperature in a car and
2. I was thinking about stopping and staying the night at my mums place in Coffs Harbour to break up the trip, would this be too stressful for the animal?

At this point in time my game plan is to put the poor bugger in a pillow case in a box at the back of the car :?, so any advice would be extremely helpful and very much appreciated!:p

A 3 year old gtp will be fine with the drive to sydney over easter, put him in a pillow case then in a box, vented foam box if you can get one. Unless we get a cold snap night time temps at coffs should be ok.use a small heat mat at night if you need

If the conditions in the car are comfortable and moderate i.e without extremes of temperature for the human passengers, then it will fine for the snake. Just make sure that the sun is never shining directly onto the closed container that the snake is traveling in (as direct sun on most closed containers heat up terribly).
I recommend transporting herps in eskies or polystyrene foam boxes with ventilation holes to moderate, stablize and protect the animal from temperature extremes.
Staying overnight along the way will not necessarily be too stressful for the animal but then again, I don't know your mum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back