Diamond Python as my first snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlieee

Reaction score
I'm new to reptiles. I really want a docile breed of python that can wrap its self around me. I was thinking a Diamond Python but not too sure if it's a good breed for a newbie?

All help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Get any snake you want. Your first snake should be one that you really want and will be happy with.

For a first time owner the only exceptions I can think of would be any venomous species (obviously) and maybe the green tree python, but only because thier requirements are very different to other pythons and can be a little more challenging. That being said if you do enough research on GTPS you should be fine. Vens is a no no for a virgin snake owner.

Go for any snake that catches your eye or that you like the look of. So in short, you want a Diamond? Get a diamond.

Excellent first snake! Usually placid, grow to a good size and are absolutely gorgous!

Each snake will have its own personality. Some that have a reputation for being a bit snappy can be sweet, and vice versa.

Call it nature, nurture or whatever, they are what they are and you need to accept them for their nature if you want to keep herps.

I was told darwin pythons are absolutely horrible snakes with a very nasty attitude.

My darwin has the disposition of a little old lady who likes to drink tea and do her knitting. Which just proves, get whatever the hell you damn well want. It's YOUR snake after all. No-one elses

Diamonds make great pets. Just be careful of Diamond python syndrome that can occur in captivity.

I can only go by my girl that's a diamond absolutely placid never attempted to strike feeds with aggression. Handled her from day one everyday except feed days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back