South Western Carpet Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] I look forward to watching this one.

Your SWCPs are so pretty @Snowman. Really nice contrast. Shame about the hatchlings that didn't make it. The one above had an amazing stripey pattern.

Are you still thinking the unusual patterns are a result of incubation?

Yeah I think incubation, but I haven't been able to find much info on it. I also wonder even if it was incubation, did it alter them slightly? Would it get passed on? Lots of questions no answers. I had bred the female before and it bred normal (though very nice) animals. And some of the sibs of this clutch are normal. I really have no idea :)

I guess the only way to know for sure if there is something genetic there would be to breed them back to the parents or to each other. You've obviously got a few interesting years a head of you.

I guess the only way to know for sure if there is something genetic there would be to breed them back to the parents or to each other. You've obviously got a few interesting years a head of you.
Yeah such a slow process. 3-4 years just to get to next gen!

My female

Had her for years, nasty piece of work. Would rather eat me rather than tucker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 228
Not much demand for these PURE animals over east. I advertised some recently, but the export permits and freight, plus cost of animal (which is quite high in WA) just costs too much. Still a few purists now have them on the east coast.

I want to import some along with a pilbara BHP or two (my dream python) but all the extra costs as well as the higher market price in WA are definitely a deterrent. It will take me a while to save up.

Wild type carpets are relatively cheap over here. For example I bought a wildtype NW for less than $100 and two striped/rp het for albinos NWs for less than $200each.
[MENTION=23671]lithopian[/MENTION] I love the contrast and the third colour through the bands is beautiful. :)

Last edited:
Hi all

My carpet python is about 15 months old, I offered her a hopper 5 days after her last feed and she grabbed it without hesitation. Is this too soon after her last feed or is it ok to feed her that soon.

Would it better to move to a larger mouse or just keep feeding her every 5-7 days?

Thanks all

If its hungry it'll feed.
Up its food size and see how you go. Try getting it over to rats if you can, much more nutritional for them.

Here is a 'yearling' I got off you Snowman around this time last year. He has grown into quite a nice snake, still a bitey little *******. Just a quick iPhone pic.

Snowman breeds great imbricata and this is no exception - really really nice. Love it!

Yeah Trent produces some great SWCP. I have picked up another yearling from him since this pic - this time a female. Been pumping her full of food since I got her as she was a fair bit smaller than the male pictured above.

And another one. I like this guy's head pattern and he's got a lot of black on the belly. I'm blown away at the colour and pattern variation in south west carpet pythons. In case if anyone's wondering, I haven't altered the colour in these photos.

browncarpet1aps.jpg

I know it's an older thread but these pics are simply stunning!! Such beautiful creatures.! Hope my little guy grows up to be half as pretty as all the ones posted here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back