Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are milk moustaches and than there are woodie guts moustaches.
I hope I never find one if these on my kids, I have enough trouble keeping my woodie boxes full.

She may have added a little intestine eye liner also.

Last edited:
Nice little V.glauerti, not a very pronounced tail colour wise however.

- - - Updated - - -

Blue Striped Goanna, found near cape Crawford. Believed to be a new species of Varanid discovered by Gunther Schmida.

nah crap pic ruins the colour, might get a new one up at some point

Last edited:
5egemaha.jpg

9yrynu5e.jpg

8adude8u.jpg

Rick

A picture of my one and only lizard enclosure. It's a 36"L x 24"H x 18"B Exoterra (great for sealing in woodies). I made the background using polystyrene, bottles and bottles of expandafoam, sand, PVA, paint and clear-coat. It's pretty solid, though I wouldn't want to try a bigger, stronger monitor on it...

There's also an underground hide to the left made of slate and rock (liquid nailed together) with a heat coil stuck under the tank so he can brumate during winter. The grasses are kept alive with a 50/50 daylight/plant growth compact fluorescent.

My newest additions.

I'll try to get better photos soon

OK I dunno why the photos didn't attach, apparently they are unsupported or something. Will try and get any photos soon

Quick "Sonny" update; 420mm S-V, so breeding size now:)....... not sure what the pink tail's all about?...but it's pink!

Attachments

• Sonny 02. 2015 002.JPG
    Sonny 02. 2015 002.JPG
    530.4 KB · Views: 219
  • sonny 22.02.2015 002.JPG
    sonny 22.02.2015 002.JPG
    476.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Son 001.JPG
    Son 001.JPG
    706.4 KB · Views: 203
Hey guys. Here is a pic of one of my Spencer's Monitors I just acquired. I have 2 that are about 3 months old. Amazing "little" monitors (right now). I know they get big so I am planning their adult caging now. I was wondering what size in metres the caging would need to be if I would house the two together? Also bearing in mind I am in NSW and have the minimum enclosure/cage size to adhere to.

edit: Have found out that 3m x 1.5m will meet the code for 2 spencers or any floor dimensions that meet 4.32m2 or more will be suffice.
Was now wondering if h
ousing the two in the above size enclosure as adults should I have two separate basking spots for each animal or will they get by with just one basking spot?

Attachments

• spencer.jpg
    spencer.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
so extremely jealous, looking at getting one of these guys or a mertens

- - - Updated - - -

my female does this allllll the time haha dont stress

edit: Have found out that 3m x 1.5m will meet the code for 2 spencers or any floor dimensions that meet 4.32m2 or more will be suffice.
Was now wondering if h
ousing the two in the above size enclosure as adults should I have two separate basking spots for each animal or will they get by with just one basking spot?

Give them as much room as you possibly can, monitors are very active & those terrestrial species like spenceri will use as much floor space as you give them. One large basking spot (that easily covers the full SVL, you may need several globes in a row) at one end of the enclosure will be fine, they'll occasionally just jockey for the best position.

Here's one 5M concrete water tank used for a pair.

Attachments

• 28-03-2011 10;01;59 AM [1600x1200].jpg
    28-03-2011 10;01;59 AM [1600x1200].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 28-03-2011 10;03;23 AM [1600x1200].jpg
    28-03-2011 10;03;23 AM [1600x1200].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 28-03-2011 10;02;05 AM [1600x1200].jpg
    28-03-2011 10;02;05 AM [1600x1200].jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 161
New member here. Some pics of our Argus Monitor.....so attached to him/her already.....

lWyrbBS.jpg

YLe2u9j.jpg

Likes to sleep lots after eating.......

DF1FhHd.jpg

Welcome to APS! :)
Nice looking panoptes' looks like he's living in the reptile hilton, lol. Can I offer a suggestion? Change the red globe for a white, or bright one.

Welcome to APS! :)
Nice looking panoptes' looks like he's living in the reptile hilton, lol. Can I offer a suggestion? Change the red globe for a white, or bright one.

Cheers! Sure thing, open to suggestions. Why the white/bright globe? Need to pick up a mesh bulb cage today also.

Latest posts

Back