Large Carpet has what i presume is a cold.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpy

Reaction score
Suppose 1st time for everything. Been keeping reptiles for over 35 yrs and tonite i noticed my Carpet has mucus/snot in the left nostril. Whats the favourite fix for this. Ill be putting him out in the cage for some real sun tomorrow. hasnt been out there for over a month. Yes i know ive been bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any wheezing noises? Does it look like it's uncomfortable when it lays "relaxed"? What temps have you been keeping it at?
Has it gone off food?

Slight wheezing. Looks relaxed and feeds 24/7 if i let him. Room temps Wiped his nose and looked better for now. But still wheezing. I know ill get "hate mail" but never had heat lamps for winter. House gets shut up pretty well and gets cool but not cold.

Last edited:
Wheezing and mucus Could be RI. But my understanding is if it's still feeding that RI might not be it. That's supposed to be one of the more noticeable symptoms. PythonInfinite has a wealth of knowledge on the subject, my knowledge is limited in comparison.
Hopefully he pops on soon to help a bit more.

The basis of any treatment for a sick reptile is to provide heat so the animal can metabolise at its optimum rate to combat the sickness. As animals get older, humans included, they are less able to handle sub optimal environmental factors and so in the wild they die. I suggest that in the wild the majority of animals dieing from "old age" surcumb to pnuemonia or the like.
The initial treatment for a cold in a carpet python would be to provide access to 35C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back