mealworm (and superworm if you have them) pupae use as a treat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

Reaction score
I've never met a skink or dragon who doesn't like getting some mealworm pupae as a treat .... they are softish and seem to be very tasty (my beardies, bluetongues and water skink all love them but I only offen them as treats or a small portion of their daily live insect feed. The wild skinks in my garden and around my house and shed love them and will usually take a pupae first if they offered both a worm and a pupae.

Can't find any info on their nutritional content , but I suspect they are better than mealworm lavae.

I'm yet to try offering superworm pupae to my beardies and bluetongues.

Anyone have any thoughts on using mealworm and superworm pupae as food for lizards. Good or bad idea ?

Last edited:
just stick to crickets mate. Easier and better for them.

I've never met a skink or dragon who doesn't getting some mealworm pupae as a treat .... they are softish and seem to be very tasty (my beardies, bluetongues and water skink all love them but I only offen them as treats or a small portion of their daily live insect feed. The wild skinks in my garden and around my house and shed love them and will usually take a pupae first if they offered both a worm and a pupae.

Can't find any info on their nutritional content , but I suspect they are better than mealworm lavae.

I'm yet to try offering superworm pupae to my beardies and bluetongues.

Anyone have any thoughts on using mealworm and superworm pupae as food for lizards. Good or bad idea ?
I use them, I dont waste them. So long as you dont use it as the main dietary item it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back