Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: The new snake is infested with mites. I can see them crawling all her, and all through the container. Boy am I ******.
So obviously tomorrow I'll be going back and getting my money back, then going elsewhere. I've caught a few as evidence, in case they're hesitant to believe me, because yesterday I was assured that they're utterly vigilant with mites.

I'll have to get my beardie checked now as well, just to be sure.

These people have such a good reputation in my area, they're the go to for all things reptiles here. I'm amazed that they could be so clueless to this issue.

What book is that if you don't mind me asking?
"Keeping Australian Pythons in Captivity" by Adam Elliot. It has a whole chapter on snake illnesses, including the ones mentioned. On an experienced breeders perspective, I don't know where it sits, but it's helped me.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: The new snake is infested with mites. I can see them crawling all her, and all through the container. Boy am I ******.
So obviously tomorrow I'll be going back and getting my money back, then going elsewhere. I've caught a few as evidence, in case they're hesitant to believe me, because yesterday I was assured that they're utterly vigilant with mites.

These people have such a good reputation in my area, they're the go to for all things reptiles here. I'm amazed that they could be so clueless to this issue.
I'd be bitchin about it to if it was me. I'm not sure how, but you should spread the word on the unreliability.

Cheswick, in your original post you say they are breeders, but in your last post you say they are the ones to go to for all things reptile. Are they breeders, or is it a business? And what state are you in?

Gee, you've had a rough trot! I'm sure if you make known the region in which you live, you'll get a few good recommendations from some of the reliable members on this site. I suggest you do it on APS so that those of us who have been in the game a long time can be sure you get pointed in the right direction, and don't have to deal with more disappointment.

At least you're making a decent point. But note that Pirate didn't take advantage of the buyer as, for what I hope is the last time, the buyer knew what he was getting into...

Interesting that buyer "knew what he was getting into" when the seller didn't know what the problem was, and clearly wasn't aware of the potentially catastrophe resulting from such a sale. What's your relationship to "Pirate?" Why are you so strongly defending the indefensible Herpo?

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for 'normal' species of snakes to get neuro problems? I have a Childrens python with one eye and sometimes he seems to be acting weird. I have him in a rack setup which limits his vertical movements but I am going to put him into a proper enclosure this week.

Yep, anything with a brain can have neurological problems caused by a pathogen, physical or environmental injury, oxygen starvation or birth defect. The big one to be super aware of is pathogenic damage - viral or bacterial damage, almost always leading to death.

Jamie

They're a breeder, not a business.
I'm in Canberra.

I went and saw them today with the snake, expecting a refund, and instead they gave me mite spray with instructions to use it.
Do you think I should call them up and ask about a refund? I don't really want to have to deal with this problem myself, when I feel it should be their responsibility. Especially if the snake may have already contracted the virus from the mites that I suspect the last one had.

for sure get a refund. Sounds like they are avoiding it

They're a breeder, not a business.
I'm in Canberra.

I went and saw them today with the snake, expecting a refund, and instead they gave me mite spray with instructions to use it.
Do you think I should call them up and ask about a refund? I don't really want to have to deal with this problem myself, when I feel it should be their responsibility. Especially if the snake may have already contracted the virus from the mites that I suspect the last one had.

Hi mate, I am in Canberra too. Would you mind PMing me the name of this person?
I have a sneaking suspicion I know who it it but would like to know for sure....
Thanks.

Well done herpo that will be another of your pointless posts that will be deleted.
The bloke you are referring to probably has forgotten more about reptiles than you will ever know.
You would be doing yourself and your animals a favor by tapping into his knowledge rather than being obnoxious.

Newbie to you newbies: Herpo and Pirate... Please take some constructive criticism here, tough as it is...there are people here that have a lot more experience and knowledge than we do... nastiness and name calling overall just doesn't yield a positive response... whether it is from the beginner or from the experienced person, it becomes very negative, turning us against each other and taking us all off topic..not cool :cry:

To the original poster Cheswich3, I am so sorry this happened to you and know you have tried to do the right thing from the word go, I hope you and your snake pull through this ordeal and are ok. I have a feeling you will steer clear from this breeder in the future. I don't blame you. take care Ollie..;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back