SWCP Hatchling Feeding!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollies_Snakes

Reaction score
Hi Guys, First post just to start...

I have both a stimmy and a SWCP hatchling, i was looking at feeding the SWCP and he took two pinkies really well and looked like he wanted more and this was three days after feeding before, I wanted to powerfeed him or feed him more pinkies so i can get him onto fuzzies instead of pinkies.

So my question is how much pinkies can i feed him and how often and at what point should i go up to fuzzies.

Cheers

Go up to fuzzies now, if its already taking two pinkies and then looking hungry afterwards it will take fuzzies easily.
Cheers Cameron

I have never fed any hatchling SWCP pinks. I'd go to fuzzies now, if the snake is taking 2+ Pinkies no problems.

I find that when I'm moving up in size in rodents and I am concerned that it might be slightly too much of a jump, I'll clip off the front two legs to make the rat/mouse a little easier to get down. The front two legs will usually give the most issues.

The last SWCP hatchling a grew up was onto adult mice at 6months of age to give you an indication.

Oh thats awesome news! i heard that there is minimal to no benefit of the pinkies to their system anyways which is why i wanted them on fuzzies, so im assuming that means i can try and get the remaining six pinkies down in one go ahah.

I start all my Swcp hatchies on velvets/fuzzies. Pinkies are too small.
You can up the food sizes quite quickly and move to hoppers once it's eating a fuzzy no problems.

upsize his feeds. Don't powerfeed if you can help it. Just give him the proper sized food item :)

Awesome i gave him a smaller hopper mice last night as i already have hoppers and it took him longer to get down but he got it down none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back