skin condition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

My snake's scales went super retarded. His scales are all different sizes and the scales look to be receding into his skin??

I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats how mimir went right before his scales went super retarded his scales are all different sizes and the scales look to be receding into his skin??

I have no idea.

???

Jamie

depness.jpg
???

Jamie

I have no idea and the no one in the vet knows either. Lemme get a pic

- - - Updated - - -

Its a little hard to see but you can see he is speckled with white, which is his skin. If you look really close you can see odd shaped scales. He isnt dehydrated, not malnourished. Still eats like a champ, clear eyes alert.
Looking at the photo you would think hes about to shed or something, but no he shed yesteraday

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been doing it slowly over the period of maybe 2 months. I went to the vet and no one there knew what it was, So no I have to get a skin biopsy done and set over to perth.

He is otherwise completely healthy

Certainly looks odd. I gather you've ensured it has no parasites, and it hasn't been exposed to excessive temps or a harsh chemical (eg bleach), but it looks dry and/or irritated. Good idea to get it checked asap.

He isn't burned believe me. I checked his tank for any bugs or things and when I clean his tank out I clean it with 100% alcohol wipes and leave it for like 45 minutes so that it has all evaporated and no smells remain.

His heat mat is set to about 32-33 degrees and it is monitored with the thermometer and thermostat

100% sure there are no mites.

There is NOTHING wrong with him apart from this weird skin problem. Eats like a cow, is hydrated, active and alert.

I have no idea, I'll try and get a better picture tomorrow when the sun is out. Its hard to get a close up with a phone camera that refuses to focus. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Although I have noticed that it is very very slowly creeping up his neck, and I'm worried that it will do to his eyes what it has done to his skin.

The vet suggested trying to use a small amount of vitamin e cream (one for sensitive skin so it is unscented and the like) in case his skin is dehydrated and giving him some sunlight every day for about half an hour which I did do but it hasn't seem to have helped at all. So hes going to go back to the doctor and get a skin biopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back